Tata Ultra Marathon Safety Measures for COVID-19 Environment
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a truly unprecedented situation which affects us all and, in this scenario, our top priority continues to be the health and safety of all our participants. Keeping in mind the present circumstances we have refreshed the event design to ensure the highest levels of safety. Our processes have been designed in line with the standard operating procedure issued by the state government. The following measures will be implemented to ensure the safety of all those participating in the Tata Ultra Marathon 2021.
While every effort is being taken to ensure a safe run, participants are responsible for their own health and safety and are participating in the event at their own risk. The Event promoters/their employees/Event Sponsors/Event Partners/their associates will not be responsible or liable for any sort of bodily injury, illness or death sustained to or by you whatsoever and howsoever this is caused.
- All the volunteers, crew members, core members and supporting staff must submit their RT-PCR COVID negative test certificate to the Organizers. Test result must not be older than 26 March 2021 i.e., sample collection not before 25 March.
- Participants can get their COVID test done at any government approved COVID-19 testing labs.
- Participants will have to produce a COVID-19 RT-PCR test negative certificate,72 hours prior to the race day.
- Bibs will be issued only on the submission of health certificate, AFI consent form and negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test results. Test result must not be older than 26 March 2021 i.e., sample collection not before 25 March 2021.
- COVID Task force will be deployed to monitor the SOP pre-race/race day/post-race.
- Holding area will be sanitized 30 mins before the reporting time of each race category.
- Temperature check will be done for all the participants entering the holding area.
- Sanitizer will be kept at the entrance of the holding area for the participants.
- All the participants will be given TUM mask to wear (mandatory) at the time of entering the holding area.
- Line up area will have the blocks marked at a distance from each other, where participants have to stand.
- Volunteers will be deployed to monitor the social distance among participants.
- Runners will be asked to maintain social distance on the course.
- Runners will be requested not to run in groups and maintain social distance.
- Port-a-loos (at the venue and on route) will be sanitized as and when used by the participants.
- Structural material like (Gazebo tent/Chairs/Table/Cloth/light) will be sanitized before the deployment.
- Sanitizer will be kept at all the water stations on route.
- Volunteers at the Start/Finish and on the route will be wearing the face mask and gloves to serve the consumables to the participants.
- Volunteers will keep the consumables on the counter to maintaining social distancing. Volunteers will not serve anything to the participants.
- Recovery and finishing area will be sanitized before the participants reach to the finish line.
- Contactless Water distribution at the finish line.
- Volunteers will be wearing the mask and hand-gloves at the time of distributing the finisher medals.
- Fresh face mask to be given to participant at entrance of finishing tent.
- Physio teams will be wearing face masks and hand gloves to support participants.
- Contactless refreshment box distribution.
- Wearing mask in the finishing area will be compulsory.
- All the government guidelines (use of sanitizer, mask, social distancing) will be followed strictly pre and post the event.
- Ambulance with medical team will be available at the Start/on the course/Finish point to take the participant to the nearest hospital in case of any emergency situation.
- Transport bus will be fully sanitized for the participants to reach back to the start point after they complete the race.
- Participants will not be allowed to stay back at the finish point.
- Pre-event communication regarding SOPs and protocols will be sent to all participants.
Note: All the participants will have to follow all the instructions given by the organizers/volunteers.